how do i PREVENT music being played on bluetooth headset?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by czimpfer24, Feb 23, 2016.

1. czimpfer24 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I just joined the site to find an answer to an interesting situation i'm running into. Currently my situation is that while driving my phone plays pandora through my honda car audio. However, i'm also connected to my Jabra bluetooth headset, so when i receive a call i accept it on that, but once the call is over the music automatically plays again through the headset instead of going back to the car. I then have to go through my phone and switch it back to the car manually. There will never be an instance where i want music going through my headset so if there is a way to permanently change that, i'm fine with that as well.

Please help!

Caleb

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I hate this as well.

If I'm listening to map directions and the cable in my car goes loose for a second and then re-connects, my phone starts playing the first song on my phone. ("A" by Barenaked Ladies)

I've come to loathe the first 3 seconds of that song.

It's the dumbest design. It's like, what if the Apple TV just started playing Netflix every time you turned it on, wouldn't that be great?

Ugh

As far as I know, there is no solution.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I had a similar problem that seemed to continue through several models including the 6S. When I took a call on bluetooth, sometimes the music would start randomly playing ... and it would be the same quality audio as the person talking on the phone, as if the person talking was blasting it in the background ... and pause would not work. That was incredibly annoying. It doesn't happen on my Nexus. So it may very well be an iPhone bug.

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Not a solution, but you could swap your first song to another... :D

6. C DM, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016

C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm not really sure if this would truly impact this, but I recall coming across a suggestion from someone to disable Installed Apps option under Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps (and perhaps also under Settings > iTunes & App Stores). Perhaps worth a try?

7. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

I have a Mazda with bluetooth, a 6s Plus, and LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset. If I answer and end a call through the LG's (which I rarely do), I will press the END button on headsets, and the music resumes through the vehicle speakers. I don't have to reconnect back through phone.