How do I pull my files off of a back up?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GarGabe, Feb 27, 2011.

1. GarGabe macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    So my wife and I moved out of town for a while and decided to only take her macbook with us and leave my iMac at home. I did a backup to my LaCie external hard drive and brought that along as well. I'm trying to get my iTunes library onto her laptop but I can't figure it out.

I've managed to get into an untitled plugin that has my user folder, and then all my library folders, but the folders labeled with the artists names have no music files in them.

Have I hooped my self? Can I actually extract selective files from a backup file?

Thanks for the help.

GarGabe

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

It would help if you told us how you backed up your computer....

3. onlinecollector macrumors newbie

onlinecollector

???

Hi, I'm new hear and I just want some recommendations on which external hard drive works best with a Mac Book Pro. I want Time Capsule in case I accidentally delete something from my Mac but I also want an external hard drive where I can store all of my movies and pictures. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new with computers:confused:

4. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Are you new to the concept of starting a new question rather than jumping in to someone else's thread when yours really has no bearing on the original question? Please start a new thread for a new question.

It doesn't really matter which make of drive you get , just remember that any features regards having this or that additional software bundled (typically for backup or encryption) are almost certainly irrelevant as it will likely be Windows only.