How do I purchase service plan for no contract Iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daytrade, Aug 21, 2010.

1. daytrade macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Quick question. I bought a Brand New no contract Iphone 4 from Ebay and I was wondering do I need to call ATT or take it to the Apple store to get an ATT service plan? Right now after activating on Itunes it says "No Service" in the left hand corner.

The original buyer it says on the receipt bought it with no contract and no wireless service during the phone sale. Thanks in advance!!

2. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

If you have AT&T already, put your SIM in and call. If you don't, you have to go to the store.

3. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

I requested a new SIM from my service provider, because I had to get a micro-SIM for the iPhone 4. The SIMs are now provided such that they can be removed from the carrier card as either mini-SIMs or micro-SIMs.

I had to transfer my account from the old SIM to the new SIM, and I did that on my provider's website. If you're starting a new account, they'll give you a new SIM and you don't need to do this.

I just stuck the micro-SIM in, plugged the phone into iTunes to activate it, restored from the backup of my 3G, and soon I was getting wrong numbers, missed calls, and erroneous text messages as if nothing had happened...