How do I put a PDF document on my Ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sandman512, May 12, 2011.

1. sandman512 macrumors member

Just received my Ipad2 the other day and have a quick question. I received a PDF document, that I would like to put on my ipad. How can I do this? Thanks!

2. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

You can email it to yourself.
    You can use DropBox or Apple's MobileMe iDisk to pass it to your iPad over the cloud.
    You can drag and drop it into GoodReader app in iTunes, then sync.
    You can drag and drop it into iBooks in iTunes,then sync.

3. sandman512 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, much appreciated.

4. Bkxmnr macrumors regular

Bkxmnr

Will iBooks do folders or something akin to folders? In other words, can I put all of my automotive PDFs in one folder or group and all of my photography PDFs in another folder?

5. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Yes you can, you just need to create Collections for each of those.
    1. open iBooks,
    2. in the upper left hand corner you will see a button called Collections, select it and at the bottom of the list is New, select that and title the collection however you want.
    3.then select the Edit button in the right hand corner, select the pdfs you want and then select Move, then select the Collection you want to add them to, then press Done

6. cinca macrumors regular

An additionally tip..

Annoyingly, once a pdf file gets into iBooks you cannot change it's name so you may want to change its name (if you can) before emailing it to yourself or syncing it to iBooks via iTunes.