How do I put a PDF up so others can view it?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by c073186, Apr 5, 2009.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I have the MobileMe service and I am wondering how I can post a PDF and then send people a link and have it open in their browser. Is iWeb the best way to do this or what? I just want to be able to post a link and then have them click on it and the PDF open. Sorry this must be incredibly basic/easy but I cannot figure out how to make it just work.

Thanks.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Put it in the Public folder of your iDisk. Then just send them the filepath, for example:

idisk.me.com/username/Public/file.pdf

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to make it so that the PDF opens in the browser instead of automatically downloading the file?

4. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Yes. Move the file to the Sites folder and use the following URL:

http://homepage.mac.com/username/filename.pdf

5. mk456 macrumors newbie

mk456

Views on how do I put a PDF up so others can

Try viewing a PDF file from a different Web server. To determine if there's problem with the server to which you're connecting, try to open a PDF file from Adobe's Web site at www.adobe.com. Adobe's Web server is configured to let your browser connect to PDF files. If the Acrobat viewer can display PDF files from Adobe's Web site, but not from another site, the other site's server may not be configured correctly (e.g., it uses server software that doesn't support byte serving).