How do I put album cover art on my Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by netrate, Mar 11, 2012.

1. netrate, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

netrate macrumors member

I have a bunch of cover art for albums, but my Touch doesn't seem to pick them up? Some of the covers display just fine, but others are MIA. Any ideas why?
    Does it have something to do with the ID4 tags?

Also, I am using Sharepod for adding songs etc. I find iTunes very unintuitive and overly complicated to use.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

iTunes should tag them properly, also are they AAC or MP3?

3. netrate thread starter macrumors member

mp3.
    I didn't add them using iTunes, used Sharepod instead. iTunes is too complicated

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Try iTunes then. It's bog easy to add album art.

5. gretschdrummer macrumors member

^What he said.

Make sure you are adding the artwork for the songs, too, not just the albums.

6. netrate thread starter macrumors member

so do I have to add artwork for each individual songs? That seems like a lot of work and counter intuitive if true.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

iTunes method :

Select the first track of an album, then hold shift and then click on the last track of the album to highlight them all,

then right click (or two fingers on a mac, not sure what you are using) and then "Get info", if iTunes prompts you "are you sure you want to edit multiple song info" (or something similar) untick the box, so it doesn't ask you all the time, and click ok

then,,,,,,in the window that appears, the "artwork" square on the bottom right applies to all the tracks of that album....either drag or copy/paste or double click to open finder/download folder, the art into the space and click ok......iTunes will add this artwork to all the tracks of the album (which you selected initially)

This is a great source for high res artwork that you may wish to download to use for albums...

http://www.albumartexchange.com/

Hope that helps you!! :)