how do i put apps on my ipod, that were purchased with another account?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macaddict77, Feb 26, 2009.

1. macaddict77 macrumors newbie

i don't have a credit card. i bought games and apps over my mom's account on her computer. then i copied the apps from the "mobile applications" folder and put them in itunes on my computer. when i want to put them on my ipod it tells me i'm not authorized. i thought that music and apps purchased in itunes allowed at least 2 computers to use it?

i originally had the apps/games on my ipod, but i deleted them because when i wanted to sync with my computer. i figured that if it's in itunes it will copy... well i guess i was mistaken.

so now my ipod has no apps/games, but itunes has everything which i copied. is there some work-around to this issue? i'd like to either delete the preferences of the files that tells itunes who purchased it or i'd like to know if apple will be so kind as to let me use software that was legally purchased by my mother??? ; ) this is kinda ridiculous... apple should think about stuff like this...

please help, thanks!

2. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Someone will be able to confirm whether or not this is the best/only way, but I think you need to sync with the computer they were purchased on so they're on your Touch, then transfer the purchases to the new computer per this.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In this case, the apps are already on the "new" computer, so the computer just needs to be authorized with the mom's itunes account. The apps that are on the computer would then transfer to the ipod when you sync.