How do I put iMovie events in the correct year!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benjaminaho, Feb 18, 2010.

1. benjaminaho macrumors member

benjaminaho

Hi all!

My camcorder is fairly old, it uses a tape, however it still downloads directly to iMovie digitally: don't ask.

When I download it, I press import from camera. Then a window pops up and I press record, then it records the tape. However, once it makes a new event for it, and sometimes it imports under 2003! And I can't put it under the correct year! Help!

Thanks!
    Benny

2. GetRidOfWires macrumors newbie

The way I do it is (I have a Magic Mouse, so I can right click. You can do the same with command-left click of course):

1. Left click the clip with the wrong date. Part of it gets selected with the yellow box.
    2. Right click and "Select Entire Clip". If you don't do this, different parts of the clip will have different dates, and iMovie 09 sorts by the latest year in the clip. Yeah its weird.
    3. Right click the now fully selected clip and "Adjust clip date and time..."
    4. In the dialog box that pops up, adjust the date under "To". Don't worry about the time. Click OK.
    5. iMovie will move the clip to the correct year.

Hope that helps!