How do I put on a Speck MacBook 13 Satin Case?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Chrisg2014, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Chrisg2014 macrumors regular

I just got a Speck MacBook 13 Satin Case and I have no, idea how to put it on. I saw no instructions to put it on, except for stupid pictures to try and get it on. They where not the best, every time I put the piece for the monitor on and it does not stay on, when I put the monitor up, thats when it comes off. Does anyone know how to put it on?

2. unixperience macrumors regular

ok well I just got one and it works fine, One issue could be you got the 13.3" case and not the 13" so double check

the instructions seemed fine to me, so close your macbook and place the top part of the spec case on (there are 5 clips on the case, 2 on the left, 2 on the right, and one on the top, the one on the top goes near the iSight camera)

now the bottom part you MUST HAVE YOUR MACBOOK CLOSED and simply place it into the case (if the holes don't line up with your i/o and cd slot you probably have it oriented improperly.

It's very easy to get on, if you have trouble it may be the 13.3" vs 13" macbook issue

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The 13" is actually 13.3", it's just easier to put 13 on things, no size difference there. As far as putting it on, make sure the speck logo is oriented the same direction as the apple logo, and snap all 5 clips on. If it still falls off, you likely got the wrong case for your particular model, ie. unibody vs. nonunibody vs. aluminum/macbook pro

4. unixperience macrumors regular

HA, I remember when buying my case online the supplier made it seem like there was a difference between the two. My apologies for misinformation. hope you got your speck on:cool:

5. abstractrobbie macrumors newbie

Does anyone know what the four small angular clips are for which come supplied with the hard case?

There's nothing on the instructions to say what they do, I assume they are some kind of corner bumpers, but cannot see how they affix to the case in any way.

6. Chrisg2014 thread starter macrumors regular