How do I put video on my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Grfelix, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Grfelix macrumors member

Everybody is watching movies, tv shows and their own movies on the iphone...
    But I can't :( ... I have 6 movies on my itunes movie library, all in mp4 format, but when I connect my iphone to my mac, it does not synchronize the movies! ... :(

When I check the Video tab on mu iphone... it says that there aren't movies on my itunes library that can be synchronized with my iphone :confused:!!

All my movies are on .mp4 format, so what it's going on???:confused:

:apple:Thanks!

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

3. Grfelix thread starter macrumors member

How do I do that??

I rigth clic on the movie on itunes, but it doesn't give me the option to convert for iphone... is there any other way to do this?? How do you sync your movies to your iphone?

thanks!

4. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

handbrake for my dvd's the latest nightly build lets me convert almost anything to any format ... quick

5. Grfelix thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I will try Handbrake right now and see if I can sync my movies

But the file I want to convert fro my iphone is on my mac, not in a dvd... so when I try to open that file on handbrake, it says that it is not a valid source :(

6. Grfelix thread starter macrumors member

Problem Solved!

I have to check the option in my iphone summary "Manage music & Videos manually"... after that.. i can drag all the movies I want to my iphone and get it to sync them automatically:D...

However... my iphone playlist that I created on itunes to sync the songs that I want easily, it is not working anymore, I have to manually drag them to the music tab on iphone..

Is this the way it is supposed to be??:confused:

:apple:Thanks!