How do I quit this application?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gocardsfan1, Feb 1, 2009.

1. gocardsfan1 macrumors member

I am currently trying to install the newest version of Flash, and in the middle of installing a window came up saying that I need to close the following applications before continuing. The application on the list was DashboardClient, and I have tried searching with Spotlight but I cannot find this application anywhere on my macbook! Is there a "Control-Alt-Del" alternative for the mac that will let me see the current system processes on my computer? Does anyone know how to help me? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Normally, command+option+escape. DashboardClient won't show up there, so that you'll have to quit using Activity Monitor.

3. gocardsfan1 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, when I open up Activity Monitor I can see "DashboardClient" twice on the list. But when I hit Quit Process it stays in the list. Am I doing something wrong? I keep trying to quit the process, but it still stays in the list of active processes. Thanks for your patience, I am new to Mac.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

DashboardClient entries in the Activity Monitor are processes running for individual Widgets on the Dashboard (though not all widgets have a DashboardClient process).

• They won't appear in the list at all if you restart your Mac and then do not open the Dashboard itself before you do your installation.

When you first open the Dashboard after a restart, the DashboardClient processes will all be spawned and will begin to appear as can be seen in Activity Monitor.

Hope that helps your installation.

5. gocardsfan1 thread starter macrumors member