How do I Record with iSight with PB in the background?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NSK123, Jul 21, 2009.

1. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

I was wondering if it is possible to record with either photobooth or iMovie running in the background without getting the clip cut.

when you minimize photobooth the isight stops recording untill you open the app again.

Is there ANY way i can keep recording without having the app opened up all the time?

Or is there some kind of windows hider or something to get around this?

or imovie if possible.

2. reubs macrumors 68000

This sounds kind of shady, and I doubt you'll get a response unless you're a bit more clear with your request.

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Doesn't seem shady to me because I've had the same question for a long time now. There have been times when I've been recording a video for youtube or one of my classes in photobooth, and I decide to check my mail, a website, or a document of mine while I'm talking.
    Unfortunately, I can't because that makes the video stop recording. It isn't that big of an issue, as I can usually wait till after I'm done recording or look before I start I start recording at whatever I wanted to check. But I'm sure there are some people out there who would really need to be able to do that.

4. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

I'm pretty sure you can't do it with PB, because it only records if it's the top window. You can, however, record with youtube and then download the video with a firefox add-on.