Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MichaelThomas

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
I purchased the educational applecare earlier this week with my new MBP and ACD. However All I got was an envelope with the booklet and CD. No registration code? Is it automatically registered or should I have recieved a code aswel?

Any help is much appreciated!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
As long as you purchased them both from Apple, Apple automatically registers the AppleCare if you purchase a Mac and AppleCare together.

To check... go here.

And enter your serial number in the 'About Your Support Coverage' at the bottom of the page.

It should tell you the estimated date of purchase, and also if it's covered by the 'AppleCare Protection Plan' or if not... it'll report back something like it's covered by 'Apples One Year Limited Warranty'.

MichaelThomas

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks for that! It says My MBP is under cover for another 1092 days. However should It not say something about the Cinema Display aswel? or does the fact I have the reciept with it on mean it will be covered anyway as they were both purchased at the same time along with the apple care?

Thanks

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Thanks for that! It says My MBP is under cover for another 1092 days.

Excellent.

However should It not say something about the Cinema Display aswel?

Nope. Because you only entered the MBP serial.

Enter the Cinema Display serial to get the coverage on that. But rest assured, it'll be the same as the Mac.

or does the fact I have the reciept with it on mean it will be covered anyway as they were both purchased at the same time along with the apple care?

Bingo. Apple will have done it all for you. And see above.

Oh, and make sure you keep all of your receipts for proof-of-purchase. Just incase. ;)

MichaelThomas

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Excellent.

Nope. Because you only entered the MBP serial.

Enter the Cinema Display serial to get the coverage on that. But rest assured, it'll be the same as the Mac.

Bingo. Apple will have done it all for you. And see above.

Oh, and make sure you keep all of your receipts for proof-of-purchase. Just incase. ;)

Kool :) Thanks man! I appreciate it alot! was just unsure about it all as I tried to register it and realised I needed a code. Anyway Thanks again :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.