how do I remove ALL file tags within a folder + it's subdirectories?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lip5016, Jul 23, 2014.

1. lip5016 macrumors regular

how do I remove ALL file tags within a folder + it's subdirectories? i have recently updated my color-coding system on my tags for the work that I do, and would like to basically start with a "fresh palate", wipe out all the tag's that I have in my main work folder + the several hundred subdirectories within that + all the files within those subdirectories..

is there any way to do this so that I can wipe ALL file tags within a folder + it's subdirectories? thanks!

EDIT: i'd also like to specify, that I don't want to remove ALL tags from every folder on my Macintosh HD, rather specifically just the tags in my one mega-work-folder + the directories within there .. thanks!

2. lip5016 thread starter macrumors regular

still waiting on a response..

but in the mean time, i settled on a quick and dirty way to remove tags from folders/subdirectories/files .. basically, click Finder -> Preferences -> Tags, select all the tag colors to be shown in your sidebar.. then click each color, one-by-one, select all (or the ones that you want), right click, remove tag .. then go down the line and do this for each color, or the ones you want..

still would like a cleaner way to do this.. input?