How do I remove an alert?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jeffreyfort, Mar 27, 2008.

1. jeffreyfort macrumors member

On an old iMac I had the app "Content Barrier." I migrated on to new iMac and I get an annoying alert about Content Barrier every time I log on or change users. I can't find the file to delete. Any suggestions?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't know about Content Barrier specifically, as I've never used it, but applications like that typically come with an uninstaller. Now is the time to use it, if you no longer need it.

If you can't find the uninstaller, there are several tools available to remove unwanted Mac OS X applications. You can also do it the manual way - find all files related to the app, delete them, and move on.

Most well-behaved Mac OS X apps store stuff specific to you that they need in the Library folder inside your user folder, and global stuff inside the Library folder at the root of the drive. Those are the places to look.

3. kolax macrumors G3

Type it into Spotlight. It will be on your system somewhere.

Are you on the admin account?

4. jeffreyfort thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses. I am the admin account. I did look for anything related to "Content Barrier" using Spotlight and deleted all I could find. I'll look again in the areas you have suggested.

5. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

open system preferences.

click on accounts. click on administrator account. click on login items.

delete content barrier files.

restart mac.

--Eric
    :eek: