how do I remove an Unsigned APN for 3gs ??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by khanvis2009, Dec 8, 2009.

1. khanvis2009 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently got a 3gs updated to 3.1.2 baseband 5.11.07 .

I am using this phone on vodafone india prepaid . Initially to access vodafone's GPRS . i created an APN using the iphone cong utilty by following the procedure mention on this link http://broadbandforum.in/vodafone-i...one-india-set-up-internet-gprs-iphone-worked/

initially all was well and i could access the GPRS service but after installing “push fix for youtube ” via cydia , the APN comes up as “unsigned ” and cannot be removed via iphone config utilty as well. i have lost my gprs connection too. can anyone please provide instructions on how to get this “unsigned” APN issue resolved. I also tried unlockit.co.nz to install a new APN but I need to remove this unsigned APN first . the config utilty does not allow me to remove or install a new APN .Can anybody pls give me instructions on how to remove this unsigned APN as I can't find any info on the web .

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. khanvis2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

apn removal ?

will it work for 3.1.2 . A wordpress link on that page mentions for 3.0 only??

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it should work with any iphone firmware.
    Make sure its the latest carrier file from Vodafone india.
    Search for vodafone india IPCC file to make sure.
    I just did a quick google and came up with it.

5. khanvis2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

apn removal

hi ,

thnx for ur reply but is it possible to help me with link that explains the entire procedure of downloading ipcc and setting this up on the phone