How do i REMOVE CrazyGLUE from a METAL surface??? help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jinsou, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Jinsou macrumors regular

Jinsou

Well call me an idiot if you want, but my vw's rim logo was about to fall off the middle of the rims so i decided hey, why not. in the meantime let's use crazy-glue or superglue while i get some silicone glue to paste it back. But in one of the rims i used to much and made a mess, now i have an extremely ugly line of glue falling down my rim. i had a paper towel in my hand and my first reaction was to use it. so on top of that it's a white line falling down my rim. After reading the instructions on how to remove from the bottle it says something about nail polisher which didn't quite work at all. not even for removing it from my fingers. any tips will help

thanks

Jin

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If using acetone then be very sure you don't have coated rims. I could be wrong but acetone and coating doesn't usually mix.

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

100% acetone does the job.

may remove everything else too though :p

4. Jinsou thread starter macrumors regular

Jinsou

Thanks a lot, i'll try tomorrow on a Q tip to see what happens.

5. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Nail polish remover, it contains Acetone less concentrated but just as effective. works great when your fingers get stuck together apply enough liberally to soften the Krazy glue let it set then wipe clean.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

or buy super glue remover it is far more mild and more expensive too of course. but it does work better then anything else.

7. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Not all nail polish removers contain acetone. The ones that do, have different concentrations. I would buy some 100% acetone. You can get it at a hardware or paint store. Test it on a small area first.
    You can also try a new razor blade and lightly scrap it off, but be careful.
    Good Luck!

8. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4