How do I remove stocks from my Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TH55, Jun 18, 2017.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I can't find anywhere to remove it from my watch. I habe a hard time believing that anything beyond a small minority of people have any use for this feature. Why is there no option to remove it?

2. BenAigen macrumors 6502

BenAigen

I'm no expert - but have you tried deleting the app from your iPhone? ;)

3. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

5. BenAigen macrumors 6502

BenAigen

Does what I want, it's just a check on the prices and trends - but I will only buy and sell from my office using my iMac not the iPhone.

IMG_2155.PNG

6. Easyflyer macrumors newbie

Easyflyer

Oh, yeah? I use it 2 or 3 times a day. Much quicker than anything else that I know about. If you don't like it, you can always move it to the last page on your phone.

I just "pushed" on the Stocks app and the wiggly "x" pops up, making me think you can delete it. I'm not going to test it because I don't know how to get it back if I did delete it.

7. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Oh, really.. Keep my watched stocks there since iPhone 4 & anytime I want to see movement I go there. Didn't know it's useless.

8. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

Ooh, you can indeed now delete the Stocks app. Took me a while to find it on my phone as it was in a folder called Irrelevances. I’ve never owned stocks and don’t see that changing. I assume I could get the app back if I needed it but that seems unlikely.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I must be in the minority but STOCKS is one of the main reasons I have owned Apple watches.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 16, 2018 ---
    The stock apps is slow but still give me an idea of how my stock is doing without pulling out my phone. I have a more elaborate stock app that alarms me when things are moving.

10. HDFan macrumors 6502a

A folder in the Watch app called "Irrelevances"? Can you be more specific?

11. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

The Stocks App on his/her iPhone. Obviously they put Apps (like Stocks) that or NOT relevant to them in the folder.;)

12. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

Yes, sorry, I’d put the Stocks app in a folder of things I’m never likely to use but which used to be impossible to delete.

13. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I put all of the apps I don't use in a folder named BS.

14. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Again the Apple Watch doesn't NOT have folders. This is about Apps on the Apple Watch.

15. cwanja macrumors 6502a

Sorry to take this off topic, but if you delete any of stock (pun intended) apps you can redownload them from App Store. However, if it is the default application and another application links to it, it will not work. For example, let's say you deleted Apple Maps because you prefer Google Maps. Then, someones sends you an address. You will be unable to simply click and open the address in Google Maps. It will bring up a prompt asking you to re-download the standard Apple Maps app from the App Store.

16. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I disagree that hardly anyone uses it. I’m sure the number of adult iPhone users who use stocks is probably much, much higher than adult users who use animoji or full screen iMessage effects. Yeah, there are better stock apps, but this one is already there and doesn’t need to be downloaded.

17. jdogg836 macrumors 6502

jdogg836

Delete the stocks app from your iPhone, it will also remove it from your watch. Although it is not really gone, just hidden. And to make it show again, search for it in the App Store and reinstall it. You can tell by the fact that it takes a fraction of a second that it is just unhiding it. This is standard with all Apple apps that are "removable".