How do I remove stocks from my Apple Watch?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I can't find anywhere to remove it from my watch. I habe a hard time believing that anything beyond a small minority of people have any use for this feature. Why is there no option to remove it?

Easyflyer

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2018
Yeah, but Apple's stock app is almost entirely useless and would likely be a last resort for anyone who really wanted to check any stock prices.
Oh, yeah? I use it 2 or 3 times a day. Much quicker than anything else that I know about. If you don't like it, you can always move it to the last page on your phone.

I just "pushed" on the Stocks app and the wiggly "x" pops up, making me think you can delete it. I'm not going to test it because I don't know how to get it back if I did delete it.

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Yeah, but Apple's stock app is almost entirely useless and would likely be a last resort for anyone who really wanted to check any stock prices.
Oh, really.. Keep my watched stocks there since iPhone 4 & anytime I want to see movement I go there. Didn't know it's useless.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
Ooh, you can indeed now delete the Stocks app. Took me a while to find it on my phone as it was in a folder called Irrelevances. I’ve never owned stocks and don’t see that changing. I assume I could get the app back if I needed it but that seems unlikely.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I can't find anywhere to remove it from my watch. I habe a hard time believing that anything beyond a small minority of people have any use for this feature. Why is there no option to remove it?
I must be in the minority but STOCKS is one of the main reasons I have owned Apple watches.
[doublepost=1531739504][/doublepost]
The stock apps is slow but still give me an idea of how my stock is doing without pulling out my phone. I have a more elaborate stock app that alarms me when things are moving.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
A folder in the Watch app called "Irrelevances"? Can you be more specific?
The Stocks App on his/her iPhone. Obviously they put Apps (like Stocks) that or NOT relevant to them in the folder.;)
Yes, sorry, I’d put the Stocks app in a folder of things I’m never likely to use but which used to be impossible to delete.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
I just "pushed" on the Stocks app and the wiggly "x" pops up, making me think you can delete it. I'm not going to test it because I don't know how to get it back if I did delete it.
Sorry to take this off topic, but if you delete any of stock (pun intended) apps you can redownload them from App Store. However, if it is the default application and another application links to it, it will not work. For example, let's say you deleted Apple Maps because you prefer Google Maps. Then, someones sends you an address. You will be unable to simply click and open the address in Google Maps. It will bring up a prompt asking you to re-download the standard Apple Maps app from the App Store.

Reactions: BillGates1969

perezr10

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I disagree that hardly anyone uses it. I’m sure the number of adult iPhone users who use stocks is probably much, much higher than adult users who use animoji or full screen iMessage effects. Yeah, there are better stock apps, but this one is already there and doesn’t need to be downloaded.

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Delete the stocks app from your iPhone, it will also remove it from your watch. Although it is not really gone, just hidden. And to make it show again, search for it in the App Store and reinstall it. You can tell by the fact that it takes a fraction of a second that it is just unhiding it. This is standard with all Apple apps that are "removable".