how do i remove the "other..." account at login

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by noremacyug, Mar 30, 2014.

1. noremacyug macrumors member

i have the osx server software running on my mini. i use the osx server software as a client on my MBA to manage the mini. after the software said there was an update, i had a brainfart and ended up installing the full software suite on my MBA, which i of coarse didn't want. so, i then removed it using appcleaner. so, in that respect, all is well. however, i now have an extra account on my login screen that wasn't there. it's labeled as "other...". i've done some searching and people were referenced to the directory utility and told to click on "disable root user". i've tried this, but when i get there it only has the option to "enable root user". i went ahead and tried that and then immediately disabled it again. nothing has had any effect. how do i get rid of this added account and what is it for, why was it added?

thanks

2. noremacyug thread starter macrumors member

i will now answer my own question since i just found a working solution from this page!!!

just incase the page ever become inaccessible, here's the pertinent info quoted. if a mod comes along, please go ahead and lock down this thread.