How do I remove the plus button in Safari?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jweinraub, Nov 17, 2013.

1. jweinraub macrumors 6502

jweinraub

I am so used to the new tab button being next to the address bar and since it seems to be jointed together, I cannot remove the button without removing the address bar. Is there a way to remove the add to reading pane button? There must be some plist I can edit or something that tosses it out. I don't find the feature to be useful, if anything, I find it to be annoying!

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. xylitol macrumors regular

Even disregarding keyboard shortcuts here, you could circumvent the problem by using (learning to use) the new tab button on the TAB bar (far right) instead of that button on the TOOL bar. It is visible if you have at least two tabs or if you have selected "show tab bar" from the start (in Safari menu, View).

3. jweinraub thread starter macrumors 6502

jweinraub

I don't appreciate being lectured about learning how to use a web browser. That wasn't my question. I normally use keyboard shortcuts for new tabs anyway. However I want to know how the plus button can be removed.

4. xylitol macrumors regular

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

That's pretty rude. The poster was just trying to be helpful - no need to bring in that attitude.

The answer is no, there's no way to remove it.