how do I remove the seidio rubberised case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PDE, Sep 30, 2007.

1. PDE macrumors 68020

I love this new case - wow, feels great, doesn't make the iphone bigger, slips nicely into my pocket and is really great looking. I want to take it off to see what the dust/scratch situation is underneath, but I can't get if off and don't want to break it. Silly question: what's the best way to get it off?

Thanks!

2. toshiba1 macrumors member

3. PDE thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks. I got it off with my fingers - just needed more force than I was expecting. I'm going to try your method, seems like a great idea.

4. TheotherJoseph macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

so what's the word on the scratches? I have one of these cases on the way

5. PDE thread starter macrumors 68020

As far as I can tell, it doesn't scratch, but of course if too much dust/junk gets in between there is always the possibility of scratches. The good thing is that it doesn't move in the case, so unless you're squeezing it with a lot of force, chances are any dust will not rub against the chrome at all, but will just sit there.

I think it will be fine, or at least I hope it will be. Anybody else?

6. PDE thread starter macrumors 68020

Sadly, one of the small tabs that holds the top and bottom parts in place pushed through the outside so that it doesn't hook properly anymore. The one flaw I've found with this case is that it's very hard to get off. I'm going to send it back for a refund and try something else.

Too bad because it really felt great.