How do I repair disc on Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StrangeMagic, May 23, 2011.

1. StrangeMagic macrumors newbie

I used to have a Tiger and whenever I would scan/repair disc via disc utility, I would put in the install disc, and press c on the keyboard, then it would lead me to the installation mode where I can access disc utility will the repair disc option.

I have a new imac with Snow Leopard. I followed the same procedure as before but the computer isn't starting up in install mode. It's just starting up as it normally would.

Did something change with Snow Leopard? How can I access the repair disc?

Thanks,

2. DudeMartin macrumors regular

3. StrangeMagic thread starter macrumors newbie

That didn't work.

I am using the install DVD. Should I be using the Applications install DVD? That's the other one that came with the imac.

4. DudeMartin macrumors regular

When you put in your Install Disk, run Install Snow Leopard, then click "Utilities" in the actual installation. Once you click that, you should have the option "Restart." When your computer is restarting, when you see the white screen, but before the Apple logo - press and hold D.

5. StrangeMagic thread starter macrumors newbie

Dude, that worked. Thanks.

But now I am stuck in install mode. I am afraid I am going to accidentally wipe my drive. When I quit installer and restart, I get the apple for a while and then I'm back at the install screen where I am being asked what language I want to install in.

Now I just want to see my desktop. Help!

6. simsaladimbamba

Use the OPTION key again or eject the DVD right after startup or use UTILITIES / STARTUP DISK.

7. StrangeMagic thread starter macrumors newbie