How do I report bugs, newbie registered developer

snerkler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I've recently registered as a developer so am very new to all this so apologies for the dummy questions.

I've been onto the "using apple bug reporter" site and it says that when you log a bug you need to also log the report. Where do I find my bug reports to submit them?

Also, is it absolutely necessary to send in the report or can I not just describe what is happening, such as reporting that the safari search/address bar often hides the top of a web page?

TIA

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
I've recently registered as a developer so am very new to all this so apologies for the dummy questions.

I've been onto the "using apple bug reporter" site and it says that when you log a bug you need to also log the report. Where do I find my bug reports to submit them?

Also, is it absolutely necessary to send in the report or can I not just describe what is happening, such as reporting that the safari search/address bar often hides the top of a web page?

TIA
you have to fill out this form. https://bugreport.apple.com

i dont understand the first question

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Sounds like you're only in this for Beta's.
What's wrong with that?

if he/she pays for the developer account and submits bug reports, where is the harm? Its easily available to download online and with the option+update method, its easy to bypass paying for the $99, but the OP did the honest thing and paid and is trying to help by submitting issues.

snerkler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
you have to fill out this form. https://bugreport.apple.com

i dont understand the first question
I read this page https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/using-bug-reporter/ and it says to attach any iOS/Mac OS logs with the report? :confused:

Also, when you log on it has a page with the tabs attention, closed etc. I assume I don't need to worry about these and just want to be on the new problem page?

----------

Sounds like you're only in this for Beta's.
Gotta start somewhere. I hope to progress to becoming a fully fledged developer so to speak, but it's a steep learning curve. If I can help submit some iOS 7 bugs that I notice along the way I don't see a problem with that tbh

rasputin1969

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
Yeah - you can attach logs, add tests cases etc. You don't have to though. If possible though check against open radar to see if the bugs already been filed - it's not 100% but since radar is closed it's the next best thing.

http://openradar.appspot.com

iSir

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
Sorry we got off on the wrong start there. I just prefer only legitimate developers to have the beta's, not like the tools who pay $3 to have their UDID registered.

Kohkane

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
Sorry we got off on the wrong start there. I just prefer only legitimate developers to have the beta's, not like the tools who pay $3 to have their UDID registered.
People like you are getting insanely annoying to read in almost every thread. So what if people want to use the beta. Guess what? The more people who try out the beta, the more people to find bugs, and the more people to give feedback. You are not a special unicorn who gets to decide who is allowed to use a beta. You paid the $99? Good for you, sit down and stop acting like you're high and mighty for doing so.

iSir

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
People like you are getting insanely annoying to read in almost every thread. Sounds like someone is mad. So what if people want to use the beta. Guess what? The more people who try out the beta, the more people to find bugs, and the more people to give feedback. Yes, feedback is nice, but people who aren't REAL dev's don't deserve to use them. It's against Apple's terms. You are not a special unicorn who gets to decide who is allowed to use a beta. You paid the $99? Good for you, sit down and stop acting like you're high and mighty for doing so. I never paid $99, i'm not a Dev.
Okay, motormouth, we get it.