How do I report bugs, newbie registered developer

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by snerkler, Jun 15, 2013.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I've recently registered as a developer so am very new to all this so apologies for the dummy questions.

I've been onto the "using apple bug reporter" site and it says that when you log a bug you need to also log the report. Where do I find my bug reports to submit them?

Also, is it absolutely necessary to send in the report or can I not just describe what is happening, such as reporting that the safari search/address bar often hides the top of a web page?

TIA

2. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

you have to fill out this form. https://bugreport.apple.com

i dont understand the first question

3. iSir macrumors newbie

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What's wrong with that?

if he/she pays for the developer account and submits bug reports, where is the harm? Its easily available to download online and with the option+update method, its easy to bypass paying for the $99, but the OP did the honest thing and paid and is trying to help by submitting issues.

5. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Some could say so are you since you have only just joined? MR the poster has posted many posts on MR over the last year or so, he/she is only asking for help why reply?

6. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

I read this page https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/using-bug-reporter/ and it says to attach any iOS/Mac OS logs with the report? :confused:

Also, when you log on it has a page with the tabs attention, closed etc. I assume I don't need to worry about these and just want to be on the new problem page?

----------

Gotta start somewhere. I hope to progress to becoming a fully fledged developer so to speak, but it's a steep learning curve. If I can help submit some iOS 7 bugs that I notice along the way I don't see a problem with that tbh

7. rasputin1969 macrumors 6502

Yeah - you can attach logs, add tests cases etc. You don't have to though. If possible though check against open radar to see if the bugs already been filed - it's not 100% but since radar is closed it's the next best thing.

http://openradar.appspot.com

8. iSir macrumors newbie

Sorry we got off on the wrong start there. I just prefer only legitimate developers to have the beta's, not like the tools who pay $3 to have their UDID registered.

9. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

People like you are getting insanely annoying to read in almost every thread. So what if people want to use the beta. Guess what? The more people who try out the beta, the more people to find bugs, and the more people to give feedback. You are not a special unicorn who gets to decide who is allowed to use a beta. You paid the $99? Good for you, sit down and stop acting like you're high and mighty for doing so.

10. iSir macrumors newbie

Okay, motormouth, we get it.

11. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

And I expected such a reply. :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I angrily stomp away because you proved my point. ;)

12. iSir macrumors newbie

Okay, I admit, that was good.

I'll walk away and let you win. THIS TIME.