How do I (resize a window)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by imacattack, Feb 21, 2008.

1. imacattack macrumors member

imacattack

make the screen smaller on my imac? I have a page I am rying to edit but when I try to scroll down to the bottom of that page to save the edit, I cannot see the save button. I have the dock buttons on the right but cann make that page smaller. Any idea as to how I can do that? I have tried to grab the right hand corner but it doesn't make the page smaller to the point where I can see at the very bottom of the page. Any help here?:mad:

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Could you post a screenshot :)apple: + shift + 3)? That might help to know what exactly you're talking about. :)

3. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

Took the screen shot BUT

it won't paste in this window. Is that the wrong way?

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Uplaod the file using the paperclip-button when you post a new post.

5. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

Understood

when I go to a post new reply, and hit the paperclip button, I get another window with files but is the file I took a screen shot of in that window? If so how can I tell which one it is? There is no indication for me to know. I am new with this imac and am learning as I go along.

6. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

In the new window, click on the first "Browse..."-button, choose the file (should be on your desktop), click on "Upload" a little bit beneath and wait till it says that the file is uploaded. Now you can close the window and post the answer.

7. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

I did what you said

so tell me where you will see the file? I don't see it here...unless......duh!

8. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Did you press :apple:, shift and 3 at the same time? If so, you should see an image-file on your desktop. If you don't, try a finder search for Picture 1

9. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

I see the file on my desktop

that is where I uploaded it from. When I click on the paperclip, it takes me to a window where I choose the file to be uploaded. I did that and it said file uploaded. Now that is where I get lost. What do I do next to get this screen shot to show up here?

10. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

It should do that automatically. Just close the upload-window and finish what you want to write. Click on "Submit reply" and it should be there. No need to confirm the uploading or anything like that.

11. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

I tried that

but did not see the file. I am so confused now because I know what I need to do and it is not happening. I will try one last time. I will go to a new post, click on the paperclip and upload the file again when it is uploaded, I will close the window - I will type my msg and hit submit. If it's there good, if its not so be it. I am tired.

Attached Files:

12. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

OK - now

that you see the screen shot, my problem is that when I hit the "edit" button, it takes me to the wordings you see but you don't see the bottom of that page like you see on the screen shot. It takes me to the bottom of the last line. Therefore, I cannot save it because I cannot see the save button. How do I make that page smaller so that I can view the button?

13. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

SOLVED the problem

I did a lot of soul searching and found that if I resized my monitor screen display I could accomplish what I wanted. AND it worked.