Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDryCleaner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
Hi All-

My 10 year old son decided to spend the afternoon trying to guess my iTunes password and download some apps. Now, my account is on security lockout and Apple support is closed for the night. Is there some other way to get my account straightened out?

Thanks!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You could email them but its likely you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Also, if your 10 year old guessed your password and downloaded apps then I question how good the password was and/or how smart that kid is.

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
And make sure to hide your device from your son tonight, in case he decides another round of downloads is appropriate.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
You could email them but its likely you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Also, if your 10 year old guessed your password and downloaded apps then I question how good the password was and/or how smart that kid is.
It sounds to me like the kid didn't guess the password; hence the account is on lockout due to too many failed attempts.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Bill Gates said:
It sounds to me like the kid didn't guess the password; hence the account is on lockout due to too many failed attempts.

Sounds to me when he said his kid bought apps that his kid guessed his password.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Nope - your only choice is to wait until tomorrow.

No, you can reset the password. My douchebag of a friend tried to guess my password once and I just reset the password.

Sounds to me when he said his kid bought apps that his kid guessed his password.

He said his kid was trying guess his password AND download some apps. If his kid locked the account, then chances are he probably didn't get in. And won't be able to for however long the lockout time is.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
But he didn't say his kid bought any apps. Read the sentence again.

"...trying to guess my iTunes password and download some apps."

His kid was trying to guess his password and download some apps.

grassfeeder

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
in 1984, you could just beat your kid and things like this would never happen. Now, you go to jail......go figure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.