How do I restore an iOS 8 ipsw

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by 2457244, Sep 17, 2015.

1. 2457244 macrumors regular

Could someone explain how I could restore this iPhone ipsw backup on my iPhone?
    iTunes had moved those to the trash for some reason.

[​IMG]

Yesterday I upgraded to iOS 9 and lost all my Apple Watch activity so I want to downgrade and wait till they have figured out how to do this without losing data.

Thanks.

2. 2457244 thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like I'm already ****ed..

Found out you can Option + click on the restore button in iTunes and select your IPSW file to restore an older backup. Problem now I have a CLEAN install of iOS 8.4.1. None of my apps or data is restored.

... and the most beautiful thing about everything is.. I can't restore my iOS 9.0 backup from last night because my device doesn't look to be compatible.. LOL

3 hours for trying to back a backup on your iPhone.

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

You can't restore an iOS 9 backup to iOS 8. That's how iOS has always worked, I'm afraid.

4. KALLT macrumors 601

Don’t you have a Time Machine backup? Maybe you can restore the previous backup.

5. 2457244 thread starter macrumors regular

I just called Apple and you need to encode your backups to include Health data.

I lost all my data and will never get it back. So if you are an Apple Watch user or user who uses the Health app a lot and this data is important for you. Make sure this checkbox is selected when you create backups on iTunes.

[​IMG]