How do I restore iCal events from Time Machine Backup?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by todd2000, May 19, 2010.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I just re-installed Snow Leopard and am in the process of restoring everything from my TM backup, but cant figure out how to get my iCal events back. I restored everything in ~/Library/Calendars, but that didn't do anything. I've searched around, and all I can find is where the data used to be in Leopard, but SL changed the location. Does anyone know where the data is? Thanks!

EDIT: Got it sorry!

2. doubledown99can macrumors newbie

How did you do it? I've been trying to figure out how to do this without having to do a manual backup from within iCal.

Thanks!

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Unless you’re manually restoring from a backup that’s not associated with the computer, just open iCal, launch Time Machine, scroll back to the backup you want, and click Restore All.

jW

4. borgy macrumors newbie

oh gosh, help

This is the first time I have really needed Time Machine but...
    If I go to my mail page and got to time machine it takes me to past pages and it's obvious.
    I lost my iCal calendars. So I was joyful that I might be able to do the same but I open iCal, go to time machine but it does not take me to calendars past, it opens in finder at a desktop folder. I really don't understand this. Why would it not do the same as it did with the mail window. (I have never had a back up in my life on any computer work when I needed it except to restore some Quicken files).