How do I restore iPhone as new?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chriseck, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Chriseck macrumors newbie

I have read on multiple sites that if you restore the iPhone as new it helps battery life. How do I do this and how do I do it without losing all my data, contacts etc. Any help is appreciated.

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

If you have it synced with an iTunes account, just connect it and click the Restore button. Your data will be synced back over from the backup once it has been reset to factory condition.

3. teaguecole macrumors member

Restoring the iPhone as new implies that you get rid of all the data on the phone. If you want to restore the phone, plug the phone and click on Restore in the summary tab. Once it restores etc. it will ask if you want to restore from a backup (keep data) or restore from new (start from scratch).

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

the op wants to retain his ccontact info ect. but at the same time he wants to set his phone up as a new phon, which is mpossible unless he takes screenshots of is contacts like i did.

5. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

If you're using a Mac, you can sync the contacts with Address Book.

On the PC, you can use Microsoft Outlook, maybe Windows Address Book? I think the Contacts tab in iTunes should point you in the right direction.

6. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

But he could just backup contact in Outlook or Windows Contacts. Then after restored, he could just sync it all back.

7. jugnii macrumors newbie

8. Acronym macrumors 68000

yeah, see i had always been under the impression that doing that would erase your existing contacts and then replace them with ones in windows contacts.

but i was wrong, it will transfer your iphone contacts into there and save them.