Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Well the subject is sort of self explainatory but I really need cd burning support and i can't really find a program to do it besides toast which doesn't work in panther yet so i was wondering how i'd go about restoring jaguar
Thanks
Steve

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Ummm, how did you install Panther (erase, archive, separate partition)? I don't really know of any way to "downgrade" without re-installing Jaguar from scratch...

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
yep, this is why you dont install panther on your main sys. i didnt, panther screwed up, so i trashed it problem all gone. but i did do an update over jag on my powerbook and it has been running perfectly. ive only had problems with clean installs.

iJon

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Re: Re: How do i restore jaguar from panther?

Sorry. You took a risk, and now you have to deal with the consequences. At least you won't do this in the future again, or if you do, backup first or partition.

Originally posted by jbomber
you don't. :D thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts....

:). Funny because it is true and because I thought the expression was "party" gifts for the longest time.

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Re: Re: Re: How do i restore jaguar from panther?

Originally posted by Freg3000
:). Funny because it is true and because I thought the expression was "party" gifts for the longest time.

Yeah same here, I always thought it meant things like party hats and those things you blow in to make noise, lol.

--Fred

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Re: Re: Re: How do i restore jaguar from panther?

Originally posted by Freg3000
Funny because it is true and because I thought the expression was "party" gifts for the longest time.

that sounds like something my little sister would say...for the longest time she thought the shampoo VO5 was VOS and no one had the hart to correct her...then again she called thousand island dressing thousand miles per hour...she was an odd kid

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Re: How do i restore jaguar from panther?

Originally posted by excalibur313
Well the subject is sort of self explainatory but I really need cd burning support and i can't really find a program to do it besides toast which doesn't work in panther yet so i was wondering how i'd go about restoring jaguar
Thanks
Steve
Duff-Man says....It's easy. Re-initialize your drive and restore from the backup you made right before installing a pre-beta operating system.....oh yeah!

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
duffman...the first time i saw your post i thought that was really funny because i was phearign the voice and everything....its getting old tho..can't you just do the oooh yeah or atleast use other phrases like "duff man is thrusting in the direction of the problem" or something like that

Skandranon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2002
North Carolina
(laughs)

Man, some of you guys are merciless. This poor chap is looking for some honest help....

That being said, you're up the proverbial river, my friend. Reformat away.

PyroTurtle

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2001
10 Minutes from Disneyland
that's why you always have three partitions: stable, classic, and preview release...
or as of now: Jaguar, Classic, Panther.
it really does work, been doing it sence X beta...and when the pr partition has no OS on it, it's extra space! just a thought...

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
Heres a few suggestions:

1. Burn all of your important files to CD. Ok, this may be hard without toast, but unless you wanna lose them, you may have to use some other software(can't OS X burn without 3rd party software?). Then reformat, and reinstall Jaguar, and put back the important files. You may want to record serial numbers on a piece of paper.

2. Find someone else with a Mac(or use another one that you have), and Ethernet/Airport your files to their computer. Reformat yours with Jaguar, and Ethernet/Airport the files back.

3. Wait for Panther to come out officially.

4. Reformat and delete everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.