How do I restore my iPhone 5S backup from XP onto iPhone SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slapple, Mar 19, 2017.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 8.4 and I backed it up to my iTunes 12.1.2.27 on Windows XP. I just got an iPhone SE with iOS 9.3.4, and I found out that iTunes on Windows XP does not support the iPhone SE. I would need to upgrade to the latest iTunes, but the latest iTunes does not support Windows XP.

I also have a Windows 10 computer and I just installed the latest iTunes on it. Do I just need to do the following:

1) Copy the "username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes" folder on the XP machine over to the "username\Music" folder on the Windows 10 machine.

2) Copy the "username\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync" folder on the XP machine over to the "username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer" folder on the Windows 10 machine.

3) Plug the iPhone SE into the Windows 10 computer and restore the iPhone 5S backup.

Would that work?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

3. slapple thread starter macrumors 6502

4. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Did a quick google search on how to get the startup music from XP to Windows 10, no luck :(

5. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

Couldnt you just backup the 5S to iCloud and restore the SE from iCloud backup?

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's possible that the OP prefers to backup their phone via iTunes vs. iCloud. But yes, they could do that if they used iCloud to backup the 5s.