How do I restrict internet in Xp on Fusion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Lego Patman, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Lego Patman macrumors newbie

I am about to install windows xp on to VMware fusion and have a query relating to viruses (on xp)

3 potential situations

1. At start does it have access to the internet immediately? (via airport or something clever?)
    2.Or does it have to all be configured and no access whatsoever? (even through leopard)
    3. Or does it not have native access to the internet (i.e no internet explorer on xp) but internet files (viruses and the like) can still access it via my leopard connection?

Reason for this is that i will only be using xp for (offline) gaming and do not want to take the risk of connecting without any virus protection software.
    I will have no use for the internet capabilities in xp and want to restrict it completely to playing games.

Help and extra info much appreciated :)

2. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

Assume that you install XP on VMware Fusion, you can configure the virtual machine to not turn on Networking... or in Xp go into My Network Places and disable the active interfaces.

Neil