How do I retrieve a lost photo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lukeman3000, Jul 16, 2008.

1. lukeman3000 macrumors regular

I had a great pic of my gf on my iphone 3g which was set as her picture in my contacts list. Then, I decided I wanted to updated my firmware by doing the "Restore" option in iTunes. After this happened, all of my photos were gone, and I was very dismayed. However, when my gf calls me, I still see the picture I took of her before the firmware update, and it still shows up as her picture when I look at her contact information. It is no longer listed in the photo roll, though.

What I am wanting to know, is if there is ANY way to get that picture off of my iPhone and onto my computer? I have a PC, not a mac, fyi.

2. lukeman3000 thread starter macrumors regular

girlfriend

3. elistan macrumors 6502a

I think he's actually asking to see the pic of your gf. :D

Regarding your issue - dunno, all my photos are still there in the Photos app after I updated to 2.0. Maybe try using Picasa or similar photo app to download them off the iPhone - perhaps your photos are reachable that way.

4. lukeman3000 thread starter macrumors regular

Just downloaded Picasa, nice program.

The only problem is that my iPhone does not get recognized by windows as a camera device or external drive of any kind whatsoever... it doesn't show up in "My Compuer" at all. How do I fix this? The only place is shows up when I plug it in is iTunes, and I can pull the photos off through iTunes.

Edit: I discovered that the iPhone is not detected as a camera if there are no photos in the camera roll. I thought this might be the case and took a test picture. Upon reconnecting, it was recognized as a camera device. Unfortunately, only that 1 test photo was available to grab, meaning it sounds like the other one is lost forever, only to be seen when my gf calls me...

5. elistan macrumors 6502a

Quick question - the photo you see, does it cover the entire screen? Or is it just a little thumbnail in the upper-right corner?