how do I retrieve iLife?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nigelly, Jan 14, 2009.

1. nigelly macrumors regular

nigelly

hi there, I have iLife '06 that came on my macbook when i bought it mid 2007, but now, as you might have read in another post, I dropped my macbook and i might need to replace the hard drive. So if that is the option I have to take, how do I get iLife back once I have reinstalled the OS? Surely I don't have to purchase it? thanks!

Nigel

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It's included on the system disks that came with your machine.

Good Luck. :)

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

No you will not have to repurchase it. Any software that was installed on your computer from the factory can be found on and reinstalled from your System Restore disk set that came with it at time of purchase.

4. nigelly thread starter macrumors regular

nigelly

microsoft office

what about Mac Microsoft Office? I forgot that I just installed it. There is no way i will be able to access it on my mac, is there a way to switch it over? thanks

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Do you not have the Office install disks?

6. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

7. nigelly thread starter macrumors regular

nigelly

I have the disk but I used the product key to install it and I know it's not going to let me use it again because I already tried that on my sisters mac

8. nigelly thread starter macrumors regular

nigelly

I have the disk but I used the product key to install it and I know it's not going to let me use it again because I already tried that on my sisters mac

9. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

yes, it will let you reinstall it using the product keys (it comes with 3). I've done it 4+ times using the first key every time.

10. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

If it won't let you install but you have the disk and the product key and you're not using it on another machine, contact Microsoft and ask them for help. You shouldn't be locked out of reinstalling on a new drive.