How do I return a Verizon Online order?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ObsidianBlade, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

So I made an order for an iPad 3 that I don't want and it'll be here tomorrow. How do I return it and get a refund?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ummmm, you call Verizon and tell them you don't want it anymore? :confused:

3. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

The reason I asked is because I didn't know if I'm supposed to tell the delivery guy I don't want it or something or go through some process with Verizon. Never done it before.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You mean tell the guy "uh uh, don't want it, give it back to VZW" ? I'm pretty sure it's best to accept it as most of the time there are return instructions enclosed in those packages.

5. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I just honestly didn't know what to do. I suppose the plan is to accept it and see what happens then.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Not to be repetitive, but why not call Verizon? If you want an authoritative answer, they would seem to be the best source...not us folks here.:)

7. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Refuse delivery

If you don't want to be charged a $70 restocking fee, you must REFUSE DELIVERY!!! Send it right back and all will be okay. Sign for nothing and make sure your dog doesn't swipe the Fed Ex reader either. Call Verizon for confirmation but do NOT accept the package.

8. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

To be perfectly honest, if I were you, I would plan on accepting the package. However, I would call Verizon today and let them know of the situation. If they tell me it's best to refuse it, then I'll do so or accept it and then return it with return information/label they will send you or included in the box. Just plainly refusing the box without letting Verizon knowing first will just make it difficult for you to get your money back since it's still in the delivery box and not return. Someone down the line can get confused and put it aside or something or it gets sent to somewhere else. But, calling VZW is the best.

9. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Yeah they have a 70.00 restocking fee on tablets

10. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

Even if I don't open it?

11. batotman macrumors 6502

I returned a tablet unopened and was not charged for it. Just call them up.

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

Why are you still not contacting Verizon About this? They are the authoritative source on the matter, not some random strangers on an Imternet forum.

13. Ccrew macrumors 68020

If the shrink wrap isn't open there's no restocking. Everything I've bought from VZW shipped with a return label in the documents with it.