How do I return phone bought at ATT?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by connfamily, Jul 12, 2010.

1. connfamily macrumors member

I bought at ATT.

I have trouble with reception now (never did), the device gets hot, the camera sucks (I bought 4 instead of getting a new camera) - Shots using camera flash are yellow, twice I had to reset because it went to no service and wouldn't fix itself without a reboot.

Too many issues. I want to use my 3GS instead.

Do I take it back to ATT? What about my upgrade. Do I have to wait two years now?

2. Lamonster macrumors regular

Lamonster

I just got off the phone with AT&T because I'm taking mine back in the morning.

If you bought it online through AT&T you need to take it back to the store with your old phone so they can burn you a new sim card for the old phone. Your contract will go back to the old contract.

The reason's I'm taking mine back are many.
    • Bad reception even with a full case on. I go from searching for service to 4 bars to 1 bar without even holding the iphone. My 3gs never did that.
    • Today I experienced the proximity sensor issues. It acted as if I was pushing buttons. Never had that problem on my 3gs.
    • Camera was not what I thought it would be. I was hoping to be able to leave my pocket camera at home but I've taken worst videos and pics with this camera than my 3gs. Not near what it was hyped to be.
    There are two things I like about it. My battery life is much better and I like Facetime but I can live without it. I'm a big fan of Apple products but the iphone4 was a big letdown and Apples response to the problems are even a bigger letdown. My guess is there won't be any fix to these issues and if you hear anything it will be after the 30 days is up.

3. connfamily thread starter macrumors member

Great - I'm going to do today.

Maybe I'll get another one somday if they fix it, but dang this sucks!! The weekend we went camping my daughter on her 3GS had service and was texting and talking to people all weekend. Me - the Phone said NO SERVICE!

4. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

5. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

According to apple press release about the reception thing, restock fee is supposedly waived for the time being.

the wording was if you are unsatisfied you can return the phone for a full refund