Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Certainspider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
Hi, I recently updated my iPad 3rd generation WiFi Cellular to IOS7 but want to return to the previous version of IOS6. Has anybody done this and could you advise me how to?
I contacted Apple and not surprisingly they politely explained it wasn't something they could help me with.

Cheers

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
Last edited:

Certainspider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
This has been asked at least 100 times in the last 2 months during beta testing. IF Apple is still signing 6.3, you will be able to go back by getting into dfu mode, and doing a click or shift restore to the correct ipsw file which you will need to locate and download. If you need further help, PLEASE make an effort and do some reading. For example, you might try this: http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/19/buyers-remorse-heres-how-to-go-back-to-ios-6-while-you-still-can/

Did you really just post a reply to tell me off and not help?

i have been "making an effort and reading", in fact hours and hours of reading trying to find the right info. There is lots of info for iphone but not for iPad hence the request.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Did you really just post a reply to tell me off and not help?

i have been "making an effort and reading", in fact hours and hours of reading trying to find the right info. There is lots of info for iphone but not for iPad hence the request.
Seems like the posted link should be what you are looking for. The process is the same for iPhones, iPods, and iPads (the only thing that differs is the actual firmware file used which is different for different types and generations of devices).

Certainspider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
Seems like the posted link should be what you are looking for. The process is the same for iPhones, iPods, and iPads (the only thing that differs is the actual firmware file used which is different for different types and generations of devices).

Thanks, much appreciated!:)

Certainspider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
This has been asked at least 100 times in the last 2 months during beta testing. IF Apple is still signing 6.3, you will be able to go back by getting into dfu mode, and doing a click or shift restore to the correct ipsw file which you will need to locate and download. If you need further help, PLEASE make an effort and do some reading. For example, you might try this: http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/19/buyers-remorse-heres-how-to-go-back-to-ios-6-while-you-still-can/

OK, still didnt like being told off but fairs fair, thankyou for this link it has been very helpful. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.