how do i right click with the tracking pad not just the two finger way??????

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jayveejvut, Jun 9, 2007.

1. jayveejvut macrumors newbie

i have a 2007 mbp and i know the two finger way of if u want a new tab on firefox use the two finger click , but if i want to copy and paste something on a mouse i just scroll across somehing right click and copy then paste it were i need it on the track pad i cant figure it out i have looked through out the forums and cant find my answer please help me it would be much appreciated.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Control + Click :)

Also if you press Command+Click on a link in Firefox, it opens in a new tab...

3. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

you hold down the button with one finger on the trackpad and move it across the text so it is highlighted. then you put 2 fingers on the trackpad and click on the highlighted text to bring up the right-click menu, then you select copy.

it's pretty natural...

4. jayveejvut thread starter macrumors newbie

ok whenver i highlight the text i use two finger to click inside the track pad and nothing happens, i also tried highlighting the text and clicking both fingers on the clicker like the two finger method to bring up a new tab but that just makes the highlighted part go away and i am lookin at normal text still dont know how to bring up the right click menu (i.e. whenver u click the mouse on the rick click it brings up the right click menu)

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Hold down control, then click the button. Don't use two fingers to click on the trackpad.

6. jayveejvut thread starter macrumors newbie

ok when i do that it bring up a light blue box around the highlighted text not the rick click menu i appreciate all the help but i am trying just to find how i can right click and bring up the right click menu sorry maybe i wasnt clear my fault .