How do I Rip Streaming Video presentation?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dx052, Apr 30, 2009.

1. dx052 macrumors member

I am not to Hot on this stuff so I will try and expalin as best as possible. I have found a streaming video which I want to download or copy/rip which ever is the best. When I right click the video it comes up with a Flash or Micromedia properties & I dont think it was made for people to download. I am assuming its a Windows based program behind it of some sort. What my aim is, is to be able to rip it & download it onto my Mac then have it on my Itouch. I dont mind paying for a decent program as there are quiet a few I would,nt mind doing. Many Thanks

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. dx052 thread starter macrumors member

Hi There

Its on a site called Red Bull Academy, its like a music site. Check it out..

4. spice weasel macrumors 65816

Try this: Go to the page with the content you want to stream. Then go to the Activity monitor in Safari. You will see all the page elements that were opened. Find the media file URL - it's usually the one with the largest file size. Double click on that URL to open it and it should download.

If it's a Flash file you'll have to transcode it to play on an iPod. Use something like MPEG Streamclip. I'm pretty sure it will work with Flash files, but I haven't done it in a while so I'm not 100% certain.

5. dx052 thread starter macrumors member

6. dx052 thread starter macrumors member

Hi There

Got as far as the Activity monitor which I found under Window on the Safari browser. Found url and double clicked it which then opened up the video but didnt seem to download anything. Hope I am doing it correctly?