How do I save my album photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bawstun, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

My situation: no PC, no Mac. I do not currently have a computer.

What I do have is about 3,000 photos synced to my phone, through iTunes (from when I did have a computer). They aren't in my camera roll, they're in actual albums. Which I found out tonight excludes them from being backed up to the cloud. If I enable iCloud, it is warning me that they will remove and delete all of these photos.

I've tried using Google Drive, but it freezes at the amount of photos I select.

How do import all of these folders back to my camera roll? Or onto some third-party app to redownload into my camera roll at a later date? Surely there must be some way?

2. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

If you don't mind uploading your photos on Google's cloud, easiest way for you is to download the Google Photos app. It will ask you which folders you would want to backup in addition to the Camera Roll, during setup. You can either utilize your Google Drive storage or opt for free unlimited storage - the app walks you through all of this during the setup process.

Google Photos tend to downgrade the quality if a photo is above 16 Megapixel - should you opt for free storage option. This should not normally affect you if your photos are taken with a phone camera. It takes time to upload, depending on your upload speeds but other than that its a breeze.

All the best and do let us know how it turns out.