How do I save the settings of columns in finder windows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chuchichan2524, Sep 30, 2007.

1. chuchichan2524 macrumors regular

Hi,

This is something that has been bothering me for a while. I notice whenever I configure the columns in a folder view to what I like for that particular folder, whenever I close it and open the folder again, it goes back to some default setting. Is there a way to save the changes I make in the size of each column?

Also related, it seems that sometimes I can't get the "list", "details" or "icon" view to save.

Thanks.

2. irahodges macrumors regular

leopard finder view

I also would like to know the answer to this questions....more specifically, is it not possible for the finder of each individual folder remember the view type? for instance, I would like my applications and documents to show up in cover flow view, but dont want all my other finder windows to open in that view? I've looked all through finder and system preferences and can't find it anywhere but I heard it could be done.

EDIT: I was referring specifically to Leopard

3. mossback macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issues as the original poster. I'm a recent switcher to the Mac so I'm wondering if I'm just missing something obvious?
    Many thanks.

4. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

open the folder in the desired view setting, cmd+j, checkbox "always open in _______"

5. mossback macrumors newbie