Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ncognet0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Hello, my macbook pro is getting sluggish and some of the programs (lightroom & photoshop) keep closing because the hard drive is almost full. My "all images" folder is full of raw photographs as well as jpgs. I was trying to save them to a external hard drive and for some reason i cant cut and paste. Is there another way to clean this ole thing out? Maybe im trying the cut and paste thing wrong.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hello, my macbook pro is getting sluggish and some of the programs (lightroom & photoshop) keep closing because the hard drive is almost full. My "all images" folder is full of raw photographs as well as jpgs. I was trying to save them to a external hard drive and for some reason i cant cut and paste. Is there another way to clean this ole thing out? Maybe im trying the cut and paste thing wrong.

jsut drap them over to the external drive it will copy them, no need to cut an paste, once they are copied, delete them from your internal hard drive than empty the trash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.