How do I search within Apps using SIRI or Dictation??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by QuietFun, Nov 7, 2015.

1. QuietFun macrumors regular

QuietFun

Siri is very cool on the new Apple TV, but what about the ability to dictate a search within an app like YouTube or Netflix??

2. QuietFun thread starter macrumors regular

QuietFun

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

YouTube (and most other apps) not possible until Apple release the Siri sdk to all developers early next year.

Apps like Netflix fall under universal search, so if you ask Siri to search for a film, it will return matching results for all currently compatible apps including if it's on Netflix. Just click on the film and you'll see a row of buttons showing where you can watch it. If Netflix is one of them, just click on that button to be taken to it.

4. QuietFun thread starter macrumors regular

QuietFun

Wish it was fixed.. Just like we can dictate in any app where the keyboard is available on the IPhone, seems like this should have been integrated across all apps.. Since they're pushing voice searching so much.

5. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Yeah, it's a bit annoying but it is definitely coming. Hopefully before too long.

6. QuietFun thread starter macrumors regular

QuietFun

This whole searching thing is starting to piss off.. Haha

7. d.steve macrumors regular

If you know it is on Netflix you can also say "play <whatever> on Netflix". For my daughter, I can say "show me my little pony on Netflix" and it gives a list I can choose from.

Just need to be able to do this everywhere! Including home sharing.

8. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Siri searching on your local network is not happening. You have Siri on your phone right now. Try using it to search homesharing