How do I see if album is drm free?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Erwin-Br, May 19, 2008.

1. Erwin-Br macrumors 6502a

Erwin-Br

I'm new to buying albums from the iTunes store. As the topic suggests, I'd like to know how I can tell the difference between drm albums, and drm free albums. And yes, I have enabled iTunes Plus, or whatever it's called. Also, I'm using the Dutch store, if that makes a difference...

Thanks!

--Erwin

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

This is easy, but not obvious.

iTunes music that have DRM will be listed as "Protected AAC audio file" under the Kind column.

DRM free music will be listed as "Purchased AAC audio file".

Set up a smart playlist that filters all files that are "Purchased"

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

in the store to tell the difference there will be a square with a Plus (+) sign in it, thus indicating that it is iTunes Plus content and DRM free

see attachment for image:

Attached Files:

4. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Ooops. My mistake. I mis-read the OP's question. I thought he was looking for the iTunes Plus songs already in his library.

Just to add to your comment ... if a particular song is available in iTunesPlus, it will not be available in iTunesRegular. Just keep in mind that some albums are available as a regular and special edition and sometimes one is Plus and the other is not.

Also, Apple tends to update the Plus catalog often. My wife bought a couple of songs and they went Plus the next day. Talk about bad timing.

ft

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

If possible, is there a way to search just the DRM free music? IE that is all I want to see when I am browsing the iTunes store?

Nevermind I figured it out...

6. Erwin-Br thread starter macrumors 6502a

Erwin-Br

Aha, the plus next to the price. Now that I've clicked on a random album promoted in the Plus section I see it. I've never seen it before when searching, which apparently means that all the albums I'm interested in are not DRM-free. Too bad. I'll have to get those from somewhere else :(

Thanks for the help. :)

--Erwin