How do I see that my iMac drive is SSD?

Ben777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Hi everyone :)

So I bought my first iMac27 i7 SSD after long years of using PC. Everything is new and it takes patience to learn :eek:

Please, where can I see that my drive is Solid State Drive - SSD?

I go to "About this Mac" and I see: "Processor", "Memory", "Graphics" and like.
Nothing says it is SSD though.

So what indicates that drive is SSD? :)

Thanks a lot!

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
Go to ----> Utilities (folder) ----> System Information (application)

In the System Information application, on the left side tab, navigate yourself to ----> Hardware ----> Storage

Ben777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Thanks a lot for quick reply. I went to "About this Mac". This is what I see. Does it say it is SSD? I am sorry for dumb question, just don't know much about drives :D

Last edited:

Ben777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Found it. SSD. Thank you hundred times!!!

Last edited:

Ben777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Thanks for advise, appreciate this :) This is my first Mac day :) Bought it for music production. Used to work with Cubase programe on PC. Now swiching to Pro Tools on iMac. Lot of things to learn!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Thanks for advise, appreciate this :) This is my first Mac day :) Bought it for music production. Used to work with Cubase programe on PC. Now swiching to Pro Tools on iMac. Lot of things to learn!
Then keyboard short cuts are your friend. Learn them and your experience will be greatly improved. Download an app called Cheat sheet from the App store. Whatever application you are in, just hold down the cmd key and a pop up will appear with all the keyboard short cuts for that app. It's free as well which is always nice.

Ben777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Hi guys,

I want to start a new thread and I can't find "New thread" button in MacRumors. Where is it? :eek::mad::eek: