How do I select images pasted into iWork Pages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Belathor, May 14, 2008.

1. Belathor macrumors newbie

Hi. I would like to easily select images that I have pasted into Pages, manipulate them, and reposition them. This seems like it should be really easy and amount to clicking on the image and dragging it to a new location. Instead, the cursor just keeps selecting text instead of the image. I find that if I click repeatedly on top of them then they get randomly selected. However, doing so wastes a lot of my time and I often can only resize and not reposition them when it happens. This is very frustrating to me. I've tried pressing ^, fn, etc... but I cannot find any combination that works better than clicking over the image a hundred times.

Is there an easy way to select images instead of text?

Thanks for your help!

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Just clicking on it works for me. Maybe your document is more complicated than mine though. You could try this (from Pages '08 help):

3. Belathor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, wordmunger. I tried the help file suggestion but that didn't really work. I saw the selection handles but then when I clicked on the image it reselected the text.:(

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

It sounds like the image has been moved behind the text. When you see the selection handles, go to the Arrange menu & Bring to Front.

5. Starglider12 macrumors newbie

I just noted that if you move the cursor over the image you can see it change to an arrow form, probably at the centre of the image. When it is in the arrow form, you can drag the image wherever you want to in the document.

If it doesn't work, try selecting "Make background objects selectable" in the Arrange menu. and then try it out. Though, I'm quite sure this ain't necessary. It should work as I said.