How do i sell an unlocked 2.1 phone 2g?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kidwithshirt, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kidwithshirt macrumors member

Hey I bought this phone for 275 and i think i can score around 400 for it :D

question is I think i could get more if i keep it unlocked and jb, however what should i prepare when i sell the phone

when i got this phone (not modified) the guy said he restored it so i had to plug in my cable and do something with itunes.

I dont wish to do that I would just hand the phone to whoever is buying it next.

But as you know everytime you try to install an app from apple appstore you have to reenter your apple account password, how do i get rid of that? can it be hooked up to someone else's account?

Anything else i should do?

2. bryonbrock macrumors member

First thing you should do is use Apple's iPhone erasing app first to get rid of all your personal data.

iPhone How To Erase Video

Then just use QuickPwn or PwnageTool to jailbreak and unlock it. This would be the optimal condition to sell an iPhone, it's ready to rock but your data and apps will be absent.

3. kidwithshirt thread starter macrumors member

wait so if i do that..

when i go sell the iphone and turn it the phone on

what would appear? because i remember after i got mine it was even activated.

is this how people on ebay do it?

4. Junkboxy macrumors member

Doing a "DFU" restore will wipe it. I'd be willing to buy it - how much are you charging?

5. kidwithshirt thread starter macrumors member

lol sorry i am just craigslisting it

I slapped a 450 on the label since that's how much ebay is going for. Plus i got over 50 dollars or so of accessories.

Some local people are really dumb ;D

6. Red Sox macrumors regular

Just plug it in to your computer, run QuickPwn, and sell it on eBay. I sold mine for $415 buy it now. (Jesus, people are such idiots on eBay)

7. kidwithshirt thread starter macrumors member

no need to restore or anything?

2.1?

I might do it. Some guy just emailed me to unlock his iphone lol. I think unlocking an iphone is now a unique skill.

8. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

450?!?!

I have picked up 4 8GB models in perfect condition from 225$, to 275$, I would not pay a cent more...

just wipe it clean of your data and ship it...