Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeneR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
The land of delusions, CA.
Sorry, I completely forgot how to set up a mail client with these free email services.

I think the fields in question are:

Host Name: Would that be mail.hotmail.com? Or something else?
Username: MyEmailAddress@hotmail.com?
Password:

SMTP Host: Would that be smtp.hotmail.com?
SMTP User: MyEmailAddress@hotmail.com or simply MyEmailAddress?
SMTP Password:

Thanks! I feel really stupid not remembering this. :D

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I'm pretty sure that Mail.app will not work with Hotmail. You'll need Entourage to connect to Hotmail. Personally, it's not worth it since it's not really a POP type account.

GeneR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
The land of delusions, CA.
Thanks, however... :D

I was trying to get Mail to work like Doc suggested but it didn't. Probably due to the fact that I am still in 10.1.4 OSX.

I got so frustrated I downloaded Eudora 5.2, and am trying to configure that now. If there's an easier way to do this without forking $$$ over to M$ to buy Entourage, I would sure appreciate the info. Thanks!

Again, I guess I'm still stumped about what I should use for the incoming and outgoing names... Any help there too would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and sorry for the trouble. :D

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
I am currently downloading httpmail protocol but i am having doubts that it will work. If i remember correctly microsoft just moved their hotmail accounts over to use passport as it's login. i have to get an update to entourage to get it work. But i'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes

Works like a charm, taking a bit of time to download everything but that just happens when your schools connection is a t1 overloaded so that it is Ass Slow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.