How do I setup FaceTime on touch for my daughter?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrMister111, Dec 10, 2010.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Hi

I have an iPhone 4, and an Apple ID, and so I think I have registered for the FaceTime app, I also have an iMac and installed the FaceTime beta on there.

I havent been able to try it as yet though (not sure you can do it from my imac and my iPhone 4?)

So the daughter is getting a iPod touch for Xmas with FaceTime cameras. I want to set it up ready for Xmas day so we can try it together between us, so what do I need, and need to install/register etc please.

i dont really understand this FaceTime stuff yet, but will also be needed for her friends to setup to as she's getting a touch to

thanks

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Facetime is still in the beta so it may not work perfectly yet.

Register your iphone and mac with your id
    Register your daughters ipod with her own id.

Yes, you can facetime between imac and iphone.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

when you say register it with own ID? what do you mean exactly please? sorry to ask, do you mean iTunes account? as I want both on the same iTunes account so I can share the apps with the touch and the iPhone

cheers

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yes itunes account. but i actually just remembered that the ipod touch uses email to facetime so no worries there. But for future reference, apple id, itunes store account name are the same thing. You use your apple id to log into the app store.

My family has 3 ipod touches on the same mac. They all share apps. no worries there.

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks for that, but then how does facetime have seperate IDs for the 3 devices on the same iTunes account?

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Facetime is not linked to the apple ID. A facetime id (email or number) is linked to the facetime account. The ID is used to differentiate devices. Make sense? It's all kind of complicated i know lol.