Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mannymanny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Hi, does anyone know how I can anyone with an account on my computer(ie my family) view the photos I load into iPhoto on my account. The same question for iTunes.Can I merge each separate iTunes library into one ?

Ganymede

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2004
Denver, CO
Select the folder you want to share, then hit the little gear/cog/whatever button and choose "Get Info." From there, hit the arrow next to "Ownership & Permissions" and press the arrow next to "Details." Then change the drop down menu beside "Others" to whatever kind of access you want the other users to have. If you're selecting a big menu like pictures or music, you can also hit the "Apply to enclosed items" button. This is how it works in 10.3.8, hopefully it's not too different for other versions of the OS.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
... or just share (iTunes - sharing - share my music; iPhoto - sharing - share my photos).

I believe you have to be logged in and those 2 programs need to be open for sharing to occur. This method will prevent anyone from changing your files as well.

mannymanny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Ok , that works. I didn't realise I had to stay logged in and have the prog open...

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.