How do I shuffle specific songs?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Crovax, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Crovax macrumors member

Crovax

Hi everyone,

I've recently baught 8 GB iPod nano. I am very happy with it so far and I hope that its hardware is as good as its interface and design.

However I am missing one feature and I will be very glad if someone helps me to find it. :) In the top level menu you can find "Shuffle Songs" option. It randomly plays ALL my songs. But how do I randomly play all my (e.g.) Folk songs? I can select them by going to "Music->Genres->Folk->All Albums->All Songs" but iPod plays them in a row. How can I shuffle that songs? :confused:

2. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

On the main ipod menu click Settings > Shuffle until it displays 'Songs'.
    Now your ipod is set to shuffle.

So you want to shuffle by genre:
    Back on the main ipod menu click Music > Genre > Folk > All > All.

Now all your folk songs will shuffle.

b. :)

3. Crovax thread starter macrumors member

Crovax

Ohh, now I get how that settings option works. Thank you very much!!! :D

I am also having another small problem. It's really small and doesn't bother me much but if solution exists, it'd be very nice. So for example I go to "Music->Artists->Kokia->Yume Ga Chikara" and start listening to this album. The problem is that the album is very small and has only 3 songs. After playing the last song iPod stops and goes to the menu so I have to select another album to play. Is there a way to tell it to play the first song of the next album after this one is finished?

4. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

I dont think there is a quick solution to that, but you could try making a playlist instead.

5. barijazz macrumors 6502

make a playlist of the songs you want to shuffle. Click on the playlist to play it.:rolleyes:

6. Crovax thread starter macrumors member

Crovax

Playlist it a tiresome solution. Better use the one bsheridan offers. I checked, it really works. :)